Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring for a DevOps engineer to manage and deal with a site that makes a positive impact on millions of Americans’ daily lives. As an early hire on a small team, you’ll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you’ll be able to work interruption-free.
You can expect top-of-the-market pay, flexible hours, and a balanced work week. We are a mixed remote and in office team, you’re welcome to work out of our sunny Los Angeles office as much as you’d like.
What you’ll be doing:
Working hand in hand with great devops engineers building out devops best practices in the federal space. This will include creating and document CI/CD jobs, creating infrastructure with terraform, writing ansible playbooks, and building tools.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- In-depth experience with config management tools like: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack,
- The ability to create and support AWS environments
- Experience working with and supporting Terraform
- Skill in developing and improving CI/CD scripts and services for development and deployment
- Desire and ability to mentor and train other engineers
- Experience supporting web technologies and websites running Apache or NGINX
- Experience with Linux operating systems including installing, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience in SQL architecture such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS-SQ
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the US