ProKeep is seeking a backend developer/elixir engineer for a messaging platform that is experiencing rapid growth in the construction industry. This developer will work on adding functionality to and scaling our API as well as enhancing our internal administrative application.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to grow with an established startup company.
ProKeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $100+ billion wholesale distribution market (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc). We are post product, post revenue and growing fast in the US and Canada.
Our team is small, nimble, and devoted to making our customers lives easier with simple to use technology. We envision a world where distributors using our tools are more efficient and able to build stronger relationships with their customers.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make significant contributions to our API and other backend systems. You will be primarily focused on systems and cloud engineering, but we are a small and highly collaborative team, so from time to time you may also take a diversion into collaborate work with our front end team or working on our internal administration app. You don’t have to be an expert with all the tools in our stack, but an interest in working on projects at all levels of the stack will be helpful as we expand the breadth of our platform. You should have strong opinions about tools and architecture, but should also be able to explain those opinions persuasively, not abrasively. You should also take pride in writing performant, logically structured, and readable code, but be pragmatic enough to realize that sometimes shipped code is better than perfect code.
Ideal Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience working as a backend engineer.
- Experience with devops and CI/CD (ideally, GitLab) is a big plus.
- Experience with GraphQL APIs a big plus.
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang.
- Experience writing Elixir/Erlang unit tests.
- Ability to write performant SQL queries and tune as needed.
- Experience writing automated tests and following coding standards.
- Willingness to perform code reviews and refactor existing code.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team.
- Desire to collaborate with other developers and ability to communicate over various channels (email, phone, Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.)
This is a full-time salaried position starting immediately. You will work with the existing development team to build new features and fix bugs in our product.
This is a remote work opportunity, but you should be able to work core hours in U.S. pacific time.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and start the process.