THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY… In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost. We’re looking for a full-stack Ruby/Rails developer to join our engineering team. You’ll ensure our products reach our customers. You’ll improve customer experience and administration systems. And you’ll collaborate with your engineering teammates on strategic decisions. OUR TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT Our stack is Ruby, Rails, Postgres, React.js, HAML and SCSS. We leverage quality APIs and tools, deploying onto Heroku and S3. We rely on CircleCI in our dedication to continuous integration and deployment.
HOW WE WORK :
- We live by our company values
- We Listen To Our Customers and To Each Other
- We Sprint With Focus
- We Shape Our Future
- We Win As A Team
- We Sleep Well Doing Business Our Way
For the Engineering team, this means:
- End-to-end ownership: From inception to production, investment in the solution being built
- Launch early and iterate: Done is better than perfect. Although we maintain a minimum standard of quality, we believe in getting value out of features and enhancements as soon as possible, while rapidly iterating.
- Do things that scale: We’re bringing our homegrown brand of market disruption to the biggest mattress brands in the country (Serta, Simmons, Beautyrest). We’re automating manual processes and scaling up our efforts
- Pragmatism: We’ve moved beyond the startup phase and our business is growing fast, so our team needs to be practical, smart, and flexible. What worked yesterday might not be the solution today.
- 5+ years of experience working in a tech environment similar to what’s described above
- Production with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React.js
- Proven history with building E-commerce applications
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Supply chain experience is wonderful, but we’re happy to teach you
YOU CAN SLEEP BETTER WHEN YOU WORK AT T&N Our people – You will be working alongside some of the most talented, supportive, savvy individuals out there… people we are so proud to work with. Together, we are shaking things up in the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients that they would never expect. Our product – Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount. Our benefits – We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents, paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more. Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org