This contract work consists of mentoring, training and instructing a cryptocurrency entrepreneur through the syntax, idioms, usage and examples of the Go programming language. It suits software engineers and academically oriented professionals looking for part-time contract work while putting knowledge of the Go language to work! You will also get to discover the cryptocurrency ecosystem since trainee has operated as a journalist/show host for the past four years in this ecosystem:
Instruction can be done remotely, through video calls, 2 to 3 times per week for 4 to 5 hours every week. The big picture target is to equip the trainee with enough background and hands on experience of Go programming, so that he is able to actively contribute to developments in the Cosmos and Tendermint project and repositories:
The books “The Go programming language” and “The Go programming language phrasebook” can be used as reference material. This requirement is not strict and can be changed to suit the setup.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a professional background developing Go applications commercially or academically.
- Be good at explaining complex concepts in lucid language.
- Have strong spoken English language skills
- Be curious and willing to adapt to the trainee by exploring cryptocurrency concepts.
- Be willing to study the Tendermint and Cosmos code bases along with the trainee. This is not a strict requirement.
- Some prior teaching experience is preferred, but is not a strict necessity.