We’re looking for a sharp, motivated PHP Developer who also has some good expertise with Ruby on Rails. You’ll create and implement a dynamic range of new web applications, and also maintain and develop a variety of existing applications.
- Remote work
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to develop complex web-based applications
- Review, upgrade and maintain existing codebases, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customer’s business goals and related system interactions
- Work closely with others to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, scheduling and of course, functionality of applications
- Dependable and professional; Self-motivated, quick learner
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5+ years working experience developing custom PHP applications
- Ruby on Rails experience, including code review and upgrade
- Sub-versioning (SVN, CVS, GIT, or Mercurial)
- MySQL knowledge (write and optimize queries)
- Understanding of Linux systems, Test Driven Development
- Object Oriented PHP
- Must possess strong database architecture and implementation skills with experience in efficient MySQL usage
- Programming logic, good code-writing style and commenting are a must
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, but also must work well with others
- Ability to recognize tasks that need to be completed and willingness to take responsibility for them
* Work remotely. Prefer Michigan based or Midwestern based candidates.
WSM is an established and rapidly growing technical services and solutions company, offering unlimited career potential for talented and motivated developers. We thrive in a casual, open, friendly and collaborative environment. Our work is rewarded with very good pay and an awesome benefits plan including health, term life, short and long term disability, 401k with company match (yeah!), dental, vision and flexible PTO. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.