Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make home buying and selling simple and certain. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway, and Houzz.
We are seeking a passionate Senior Data Engineer to help us design and build our data infrastructure, data aggregation and ingestion platform. This platform powers our proprietary pricing algorithms, data analytics, and our internal and customer-facing applications such as Knock.com website. You will integrate data from various sources (MLSes, assessor/tax and parcel data), and manage full data lifecycle (ETL).
Our data stack consists of Go, Python and Scala. We use ElasticSearch, Postgres, and Spark heavily. We are ownership-driven, and you will own your projects from design, implementation to operation. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty.
- Design, architect, build and maintain big data infrastructure and tools.
- Write reliable and efficient programs to handle a broad set of big data use cases.
- Data qualification, verification and validation.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle software development experience in data engineering, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong hands-on expertise with building resilient and reliable ETL pipelines.
- Programming proficiency in Go, and at least one of Scala or Python.
- Strong SQL knowledge (MySQL or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging
- Experience working in the AWS data ecosystem (S3, RDS, EMR, Lambda, Redshift, MQs, Kinesis).
- Understanding of containerized workloads (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Strong desire to contribute to a rapidly growing startup and being comfortable with learning new tools and technologies.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Real estate markets, MLS assessor/tax and parcel data
- RETS/RESO APIs for extracting real estate data
- GIS datasets (shapefiles, GeoJSON, etc)
- Open source mapping data (OpenStreetMap (OSM), OpenAddresses)
- Apache Spark
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented, passionate and mission-driven peers disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
- Flexibility to where you live and work within the United States.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Dallas with more on the way, but we are also a distributed company with employees in 17 different states so we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.