Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We’re looking for a Senior Rails Engineer with strong frontend skills. We’re a growing team with a lot of backend knowledge so we’re hoping to round the team out by adding someone with a good eye for UI/UX.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Your work will be heavily focused toward high level, high impact areas. You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Designers to plan, design, and implement some of our more complex features while keeping our UI fresh and modern. You’ll have a strong voice in the development and planning processes, so past senior level experience is key.
We work in weekly sprints and use Pivotal Tracker to keep things organized. While we keep meetings to a minimum, our remote team is heavily collaborative and takes advantage of modern tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Hangouts to stay in touch.
Our stack includes Ruby/Rails, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Postgres and Heroku. We’re currently on Rails 5 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or wherever you’d like as a part of our strong remote working culture.
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
About 40% of our team works remotely and we’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We place great value on work/life balance and abhor the stereotypical 100 hour/week startup life. We have families and know you do, too.
Check out our careers page for a fun video and more information about working at Fleetio: fleetio.com/careers
- 5+ years of Ruby/Rails or similar frameworks
- Deep understanding of relational databases
- 3+ years experience in front end frameworks such as Angular, React, Backbone
- Expert knowledge of modern UI/UX
- Knowledge of extension languages like HAML, SASS, CoffeeScript
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Level up if you know a thing or two about cars and engines
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- Meaningful equity as an early employee
- Dependent Care FSA
- Generous PTO and 7 company holidays
- Mac laptop, book stipend and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches