At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits.
Olo is revolutionizing the customer experience with restaurant chains, and we’re looking for talented engineers to join our team and help achieve this vision. As part of the team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will design, develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services in our core ordering platform. While primarily focused on our back-end, the position requires contributions throughout our stack.
You’ll work with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as .NET 4.6, ASP.NET MVC 5, TeamCity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy, and heavy use of OSS.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- At least 3 years on-the-job development experience at a senior technical level
- A drive to automate anything that has to be done more than once
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented concepts
- Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- In-depth understanding of Windows, SQL Server and networking concepts
- Hands-on experience instrumenting, deploying and monitoring production code
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- B.S degree or equivalent education
- Experience developing for highly available and horizontally scalable platforms
- Hands on experience developing projects in F#.
- Experience with any of: Redis, distributed messaging systems, Amazon Web Services
- A background in restaurant or e-commerce technology, including point of sale systems, payment gateways, and CRM and loyalty platforms