**This position is located in San Luis Obispo, CA or can be Remote for the right individual.
MINDBODY’s IT team is seeking an experienced ServiceNow Developer. The ServiceNow Developer role supports end users within the organization, helping departments in the use of various types of software programs to efficiently and effectively fulfill business objectives. This includes configuring and troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, training, maintenance, and improvement of in-house and vendor-provided software applications.
You must possess a broad background in information technology, a practical understanding of how businesses work, as well as excellent problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or related field.
- 5-7 years administrating and supporting ServiceNow.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in ServiceNow development.
- Must have experience in Service portal, Vendor Management, Governance-Compliance-Reporting GRC, Security Incident Management, Vulnerability Management, and Integration to 3rd part Security and Vulnerability tools.
- Solid experience across Design, develop and test ServiceNow based ITSM solutions.
- Excellent Design and configure Workflow skills, Forms, RBAC and Policies. Configure Reporting and Analytics. Solid SDLC experience covering ServiceNow Development.
- Hands-on Development experience of Form Customization, Business Rule, Client Script, Script Include, UI Policies, Security Rules and other objects of Service-Now.
- Experience across Implementation and configuration of ServiceNow discovery tool.
- Must be able to Develop and write clear and concise technical process documentation.
- Hands-on experience in creating Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI/Data, Policies, Script Includes, UI Actions, Workflows, etc.
- Proficiency in ITIL best practices and Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Service now Implementation Certification is desired.
- ServiceNow Administrator Certification is required.
- Track record of having implemented, enhanced and supported an enterprise-class technology system, including planning, analysis and design, configuration, development, data migrations, system testing, cutover planning, and production support.
- Excellent understanding of IT business processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of onsite client facing team, work as a member of the ServiceNow team to lead and drive technical solution design sessions for assigned ServiceNow applications; Generate related solution documentation.
- Should have good experience on effort & schedule estimation and provide inputs to project managers.
- Develop, configure, and improve core and custom applications.
- Develop systems integrations and process automation; Identify opportunities to leverage automation.
- Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each.
- Create and configure Notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc. in ServiceNow.
- Design appropriate solutions for data import/export between Service-now and other systems.
- Experience of configuring and managing Orchestration preferred.
- Follow and implement industry best practices for release & environment management, source code control with SNOW development COE.
- Manage application and platform upgrades with impact assessments & remediation plans.
- Work directly with end users to resolve escalated issues/defects within ServiceNow; Provide guidance and assistance to ServiceNow support team(s) on an ongoing basis.
- Should be able to support the development of a variety of applications: Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Discovery, Service Mapping, Portal & UI development, Asset Management, Service Catalog, HR Management.
- Should be a self-driven, good communicator and a team player; Mentor team members
- Partner with the various departments to define and document process, strive for operational excellence and translate business problems to solutions.
- Develop and provide training to a variety of user audiences that have a variety of technical skill levels.
- Manage multiple small to medium-scope projects, including requirements gathering, developing work breakdowns and project plans, track task status, and escalate as needed to keep projects on schedule.
- Define and document processes, capture functional requirements, assess technology solutions, generate use cases, create functional designs, document training plans, analyze data migration needs.
- Analyze long-term requirements and make recommendations and proposals for implementing technology strategies.
- You are able to quickly learn new technologies, find creative solutions to a wide variety of problems, and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- This position requires that you have a strong sense of initiative, and the ability to take ownership of multiple complex tasks.