Do you enjoy creating software that provides a positive and useful experience for the user?
Do you enjoy challenges? Do you refuse to quit until you have been able to figure out how to make things work?
Do you enjoy working independently, but also appreciate the knowledge you gain by working with fellow team members?
Are you confident in your skillset, but always eager to learn more?
Would you like to be associated with a great team of people who work hard and laugh just as hard, but with the convenience of working from home so you can avoid getting their colds?
If this sounds like you, please take a look at our posting for a Software Developer!
The Developer is part of an agile development team building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Developer is involved in all
areas of development from design to development to testing to deployment. The Developer will work on maintenance and bug fixes as well as new features within a multi-application solution.
They will also assist Tier II and Tier III support personnel with troubleshooting production issues and may also be asked to interact with users remotely. They will be expected to collaborate
closely with all members of the agile team to implement the most accurate and high-quality solutions possible.
- Follow the software development life cycle for each development task following the Agile Scrum methodology by brainstorming the technical approach, developing code, and unit testing according to the development schedule and team processes.
- Participate in backlog grooming, estimation, and other Agile Scrum ceremonies.
- Stays current with cutting-edge technologies to improve and modernize existing applications’ functionality, performance, and UI.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code meets internal standards and follows industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Desire to work in an Agile environment.
- You love to learn and share your insights (nobody is perfect and you have to be ready to share)
- You know what it means to be a team player (egos are left at the door)
- Experience with source control in a team-based environment (GIT).
Location: Position is 100% remote, so selected candidate will work from a home office.
Working Hours: Standard workday begins at 8am weekdays, Eastern US time
Excellent Company Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available. Vacation and Holidays. 401k, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Who are we?
Global Learning Systems provides security awareness and compliance training programs for employees that effectively promote behavior change, protect your organization, and Strengthen
Your Human FirewallÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â®. In addition to carefully tailoring program materials to client needs, we offer an online learning platform, phishing simulation tool, courseware customization, and
high-touch customer service.
We have over 30 years’ experience offering off-the-shelf and customized learning programs in multiple languages for organizations of all sizes. Our security awareness and compliance training
programs enable organizations to reach employees using a broad set of integrated learning and reinforcement materials.
As a trusted provider with a premiere list of corporate, government, and non-profit clients, we have maintained long term relationships with both small businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
GLS has been recognized for four consecutive years in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-based Training, and has won many other industry awards for our
innovative courseware and reinforcement programs.
We welcome and encourage you to visit globallearningsystems.com