Join us as a Software Engineer
* Join a new Agile development team, who aim to disrupt the mortgages market by taking a revolutionary, customer centric approach to redesigning the way customers manage their mortgage, delivering a helpful and hassle free journey
* Use the best technologies to show our customers a new way to manage their mortgage, one they’d never have thought would be possible
* We’re a top three mortgage lender with ambitions to grow further, so your solutions will make a difference to millions of lives
* You’ll be joining the programme from the start, so it’s a chance to deliver something truly special from its early stages
What you’ll do
We’re taking a giant leap forward to change the home ownership experience forever, and have true Agile development and the latest technologies to help us do it.
You’ll take a leading role in the technical design, development and testing of complex front-end applications and services, working with a team of software engineers to create truly innovative solutions that deliver on our ambition.
You’ll lead in exploring the pros and cons of solution design options to stakeholders to reach the best possible decision. From initial planning to delivery, you’ll work closely with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to build solutions that define needs our customers never knew they had.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Producing modular code which tests well, and is carefully designed with future scalability in mind
* Using your experience to help guide the strategic direction for user interface and user experience design
* Making sure we build software that’s consistent with the frameworks in use across the wider engineering community when applied at their best
* Using your up-to-date understanding of industry best practice to tackle complex problems where there might be no proven route to success
* Developing and mentoring less experienced engineers by providing constructive, understandable feedback, and facilitating opportunities for practical learning
The skills you’ll need
Were looking for a fantastic collaborator with significant experience in front end development, who has a history of working on large technology change programmes. You’ll be experienced in working with cloud technologies, and will have a particular focus on service oriented architecture and event driven programming, plus knowledge of security technologies.
We’ll look to you to be well versed in Agile development, continuous integration and test automation, as well as being a great development team member who fosters and strengthens a spirit of transparency and teamwork.
You’ll also bring:
* A positive and pragmatic approach to getting new projects off the ground, and the proven ability to encourage cooperation among a multi-disciplinary team
* Experience of the whole software development lifecycle and an informed appreciation of how software and system design decisions affect practical considerations
* Experience in using CI or CD toolsets for code development including the build, test and deployment
* Demonstrable experience in developing software in a cloud environment, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* An excellent understanding of Query performance and optimising code as well as UX design principles
Experience in a financial services or FinTech environment would be very welcome, but isn’t essential if you have the enthusiasm to make an impact on the industry.
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you’ll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.